Jack White’s guacamole recipe leaks online after his performance contract and rider are printed by Oklahoma University student newspaper.
By now you’ve probably heard that the University of Oklahoma has banned any of their artists from performing at the campus after the student paper printed a leaked Jack White contract.
The contract included Jack White’s rider which stipulated, among other things, a very detailed guacamole recipe to be served backstage.
For those looking to cater for a party of rock stars this weekend, here’s the full Jack White guacamole recipe. Say what you will about his music, but Jack White knows his guacamole.
Jack White’s Guacamole Recipe
- 8 x large, ripe Haas avocados (cut in half the long way, remove the pit—SAVE THE PIT THOUGH–, and dice into large cubes with a butter knife. 3 or 4 slits down, 3 or 4 across. You’ll scoop out the chunks with a spoon, careful to maintain the avocado in fairly large chunks.)
- 4 x vine-ripened tomatoes (diced)
- ½ x yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1 x full bunch cilantro (chopped)
- 4 x Serrano peppers (de-veined and chopped)
- 1 x lime
- Salt & pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, careful not to mush the avocados too much. We want it chunky. Once properly mixed and tested, add the pits into the guacamole and even out the top with a spoon or spatula. Add ½ lime to the top later so you cover move of the surface with the juice (The pits and lime will keep it from browning prematurely.) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until served. Please don’t make it too early before it’s served. We’d love to have it around 5 pm.
There you have it. A guacamole recipe fit for Jack White himself. We can’t wait to try it!
Have you tried Jack White’s guacamole recipe? Let us know how it turned out in the comments below!